The Elizabethtown-Lewis Chamber of Commerce has had a successful year and is already planning for 2015. We currently have 74 business and resident members who support the Chamber.
We want to inform the Town Boards of Elizabethtown and Lewis of the successes we have had in 2014.
- Meet & Greet: Hosted the annual meeting of other Essex County Chambers of Commerce in June at the Meadowmount School in Lewis.
- Scholarship: provided a $300 scholarship to a graduating Elizabethtown-Lewis Central School senior who will major in businesses studies after graduating.
- Website: Updated and improved the Elizabethtown-Lewis Chamber of Commerce website using a local web designer who lives in Lewis.
- Brochures: Printed and distributed two thousand 2014-2015 Chamber Business brochures through out Essex County, promoting business members in Lewis and Elizabethtown.
- Flower Baskets: Partnered with Mountain Lakes Services to install and maintain the Bridge flower baskets for 5 summer months.
- E-town Day: supported and helped pay for Yard Sale Maps, music at the Friday Block Dance, bagpipers for the parade. Chamber members marched in the parade and provided ice water throughout the day along the parade route.
- Kids Fishing Derby & Kid’s Holiday Party: Donated money to buy children’s prizes and gifts for these annual events.
- Community Bulletin Board: redesigned the Bulletin Board at the Elizabethtown Post Office.
- Museum: Chamber was a business sponsor of the Essex County Historical Society Museum, which draws many visitors to our town each year.
- Area events: provided set up and clean up volunteers at the Antique Car show and Taste of Local events at the Adirondack History Center Museum.
- Advertising: Purchased Shop Local ads in Denton Publications at holiday time.
- ROOST area guidebook: Purchased advertising for our area businesses in the Roost Annual Tourist Guidebook.
- Summer Guide: Purchased advertising for our area in the Adirondack Enterprise Summer Guidebook.
- Information: The Chamber answered numerous questions, by phone and e-mail, regarding services and events in our area.
As we look forward to 2015, the Chamber wants to thank both its members and the Town Boards of Elizabethtown and Lewis for their financial support!